Orthotics are prescribed /insoles that are placed inside the shoe to correct abnormal foot biomechanics . Apart from supporting the foot, they actually realign the foot to their “neutral” or correct position, allowing the foot to function as it should.
Orthotics can often correct long-term, on-going, repetitive injuries such as “shin splits”, achilles tendonitis, anterior knee pain, hip and lower back problems.
At Village Physiotherapy Clinic a full physical assessment is carried out to determine the source of the pain and in a lot of cases treatment alone can correct a significant amount of biomechnical problems. As orthotics are expensive they will only ever be prescribed if they are necessary.
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Lumbar-Sacral Pain(Low Back Pain)
- Metatarsalgia(Pain in the ball of the foot)
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee and hi
- Patello-femoral Mal-alignment/Pain(Knee cap pain)
- Pes Planus (Flat Feet)
- Plantar Fascitis (Heel Pain)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Tired/Aching feet and legs
- Hallux Abducto – Valgus (Bunions)
To book an appointment to arrange a biomechanical assessment call us on 061 395311